The National Scenic Trails include the three north-south trails that run from Mexico to Canada, and other long-distance routes in scenic area. They are located for maximum outdoor recreation potential and for observation of the nationally significant scenic, historic, natural, or cultural qualities.
List of National Scenic and Historic Trails
These trail websites are grouped by trail. For each trail, the federal agency is listed first, followed by the nonprofit trail organization(s).
- Arizona National Scenic Trail
Arizona Trail Association
- Continental Divide National Scenic Trail
Continental Divide Trail Coalition
Continental Divide Trail Society
- El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail
El Camino Real de Los Tejas National Historic Trail Association
- El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro National Historic Trail
Bureau of Land Management
National Park Service
El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro Trail Association (CARTA)
- Florida National Scenic Trail
Florida Trail Association
- Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail
Anza Trail Coalition of Arizona
Anza Trail Foundation
Web de Anza
- Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail
Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation, Inc.
Lewis and Clark Trust, Inc.
- Pony Express National Historic Trail
National Pony Express Association
Pony Express Trail Association
Updated: Sept. 2015