Grants to Protect Natural Resources
Office of Protected Resources Grant Opportunities
- Prescott Marine Mammal Rescue Assistance Grant Program
Eligible stranding network members can receive upwards of $100,000 in annual funding. In addition, a portion of the Prescott fund is set aside at the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation for emergency assistance during catastrophic stranding events. Congress established the Prescott Marine Mammal Rescue Assistance Program in 2000. It was named after John H. Prescott, a world-renowned marine mammal expert and conservationist.
- Proactive Species Conservation Program
This program supports proactive conservation efforts designed to conserve marine and anadromous species before listing under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) becomes necessary.
- Species Recovery Grants to States
States may receive grants to support the development of conservation programs for threatened, endangered, candidate, and recently de-listed species, under section 6 of the Endangered Species Act. Grants may support development and implementation of management plans, research and monitoring efforts, and education and outreach activities.
- Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
Federally recognized tribes may receive grants to support the conservation and recovery of threatened, endangered, candidate, and recently de-listed species. Grants may support development and implementation of management efforts, research and monitoring projects, and education and outreach activities.
NOAA Grant Opportunities
- NOAA Grants Management Division
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009: Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Projects Funding Announcement
- More NOAA Grant Links from NMFS’ Office of Management and Budget
Other Federal Grant Opportunities
Catalogs of Multiple Funding Opportunities
- Grants.gov: Federal Government Funding Opportunities
- NMFS Habitat Office Catalog of Funding Opportunities
- NOAA Coastal Services Center Catalog of Funding Opportunities
- Regional Funding Opportunities in Restoration and Habitat Conservation
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Grants
- Environmental Protection Agency Watershed Funding
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Catalog of Federal Funding for Watershed Protection
- National Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program: Environmental Protection Agency program to encourage state and other partners’ data-integration efforts.
- National Science Foundation
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- NOAA Coral Reef Program Funding Opportunities
- NOAA Marine Debris Program Funding
- NOAA Open Rivers Initiative: assistance for community-driven, small dam/barrier removals.
- NOAA Coastal Services Center
- U.S. Geological Survey GAP Analysis Program
- Natural Resources Conservation Service Programs
- The Nature Conservancy Community-based Matching Grants: marine and coastal habitat restoration