Summary of the Study:
The cultural and heritage traveler is a large, affluent market. Segmentation and greater understanding of traveler behavior, preferences and needs can lead to more effective marketing success in attracting this traveler.
- Market size: 118.3 million adults annually (78 percent of leisure travelers)
- Spend more: $994 versus $611
- Travel more frequently: 5.01 versus 3.98 trips in the last year
- Stay longer: Average six nights per trip
- Shop at museum stores: 32 percent of all cultural and heritage travelers; 84 percent of the Well-rounded / Active segments; 72 percent of the Passionate segment
The in-depth 131-page PDF version of The Cultural & Heritage Traveler Study is available for purchase from Mandala Research. To order, please contact Laura Mandala at Laura@MandalaResearch.com or call (703) 820-1041.